It’s crucial to understand the different types of drug testing before we address using baking soda to pass drug test, whether one is seeking a new job or has been asked to take a post-employment drug test. It is important to know about the different drug tests that exist. Types of drug tests include: urine test, blood test, hair test, oral fluid test, sweat test.
Even if a person has just consumed a small amount of the test drug, hearing about a drug test can cause them to become extremely worried. Abstinence from the substance can help you pass a drug test, but there are also other options available. This article will discuss utilizing baking soda and water to pass a drug test.
What Is Baking Soda?
Sodium bicarbonate, or baking soda, is an antacid. The common white baking soda powder is used occasionally as a laxative, in toothpaste, and in mouthwash. Through bicarbonate loading, athletes also use it to prevent muscle soreness and fatigue. Additionally, it is utilized in efforts to evade drug tests.
The Baking Soda Flush: What Is It?
People take baking soda to try to pass a drug test. This is called a “baking soda flush.” For old drug tests, the method did work. But baking soda flush only works for certain tests like the weed test these days. In the subsequent sections, we will discuss how to pass a mouth swab drug test for weed.
In What Cases You Could and Couldn’t Use Baking Soda to Pass Drug Test
Baking soda is used quite often to pass a drug test successfully; however, the key query is: Does baking soda detox the body of these drugs? You should know that baking soda won’t help your body get rid of drugs. Your body gets more alkaline as a result. During drug tests, baking soda flush will only hide drugs. The kidneys will get rid of chemicals that are too alkaline for the body. Marijuana will be taken out first, followed by baking soda. Although your kidneys remove baking soda from your body through urine, it will only be effective for urine testing. Therefore, in tests involving saliva, hair, or blood, baking soda is ineffective. You have 4 to 5 hours after the kidneys start removing the baking soda before they start removing drugs.
The baking soda flush won’t change how other medicines work. For example, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is an acid, so if you try to flush it out with baking soda, you will fail a drug test for marijuana. When your urine is more alkaline, your body and kidneys tend to get rid of weak acids faster.
Negative Side Effects of Baking Soda Method
Baking soda in small dosages is safe. However, when trying to pass a urine drug test, people frequently use too much baking soda. Baking soda use in excess can have side effects on the nervous system and the metabolism. There are some big and important problems with using baking soda. The risks of consuming excessive amounts of baking soda solution are listed below.
Diarrhea and Vomiting
Significant amounts of sodium are included in baking soda. As a result, consuming too much baking soda raises the blood’s sodium level. Diarrhea and vomiting are the outcomes of the body’s attempts to eliminate it in order to preserve homeostasis.
Gaseous carbon dioxide is created when sodium bicarbonate combines with the stomach’s acidic components. Tears in the stomach wall can form when the amount of carbon dioxide gas in the stomach increases. In severe situations, this gastric rupture may potentially result in a stomach hole, which, if untreated promptly, can be fatal.
Increased Blood Pressure
For those with high blood pressure, baking soda poses a serious risk. It increases the body’s sodium content when consumed in excess, which exponentially raises blood pressure.
Sodium bicarbonate is consumed by people to keep their bodies’ pH levels at a neutral level. However, if there is a significant amount of baking soda in the blood, it can elevate the pH and cause the blood to become alkaline. This can lead to arrhythmia and obstruct normal cardiac function.
Other side effects of excessive use of baking soda include:
- Muscle spasms.
- Your stomach feels full (also known as bloating).
- Lower limbs swell.
- Frequent urination.
Despite the possibility of a baking soda overdose, no fatalities have been documented. Overdosing on baking soda causes the following symptoms:
- Muscle weakness.
- Heart rhythm disturbance.
- Electrolyte imbalance.
- Intracranial damage.
Instructions on How to Use Baking Soda to Pass a Drug Test
Despite being trustworthy, the urine drug test is not infallible. It is challenging but not impossible to pass a urine drug test while continuing to use drugs. You can pass a drug test by consuming baking soda. You might be wondering if baking soda detoxifies the body. Not at all. Baking soda, includes sodium bicarbonate, an antacid that also makes urine alkaline. This enables you to successfully pass the drug test.
Instructions on how to beat drug tests:
- Pour a glass of water and add 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda to it.
- Drink the mixed solution at least 3 hours before the test.
- This solution in the body will create a pH imbalance. The ideal value is between 4.5 to 8.0.
- Don’t use the toilet until you are full. Ensure that you pee at least 2 times before taking the drug test.
- The third time you pee should be for the test to produce a clean urine.
How to Pass a Urine Drug Test Using Baking Soda
THC, which is detectable in urine for up to 5 days after last use, respond best to a baking soda flush. You can use baking soda to improve your chances of passing a urine drug test if you are addicted to a THC-containing drug. Your kidneys start filtering out baking soda instead of weed when it reaches your bloodstream. As a result, marijuana metabolites are kept out of the urine and stays in the blood until all of the sodium bicarbonate has been eliminated. This prevents weed from being detected in the urine while indirectly reducing drinking baking soda dangers. The best time to consume baking soda is just a few hours prior to providing the urine sample.
It is a common myth that baking soda cleanses to pass urine drug tests just like it cleans clothes, pots, and pans. The idea that baking soda can be used to clean the body and help people pass urine drug tests is a prevalent one. Since blood samples are needed for these tests, where the drug is still present, it is actually useless for passing hair or blood drug tests. There isn’t much proof of the effects of baking soda on weed.
How Can I Get Weed Out of my System Fast?
Drinking plenty of water on a regular basis will make it much simpler for you to pass a drug test. Water will help your body rid itself of pollutants more quickly while also keeping it hydrated. However, you don’t need to guzzle absurd amounts of water. Although remaining properly hydrated will help the body with its cleansing process, excessive drinking won’t hasten the detox process. You could also try adding some natural detox drinks to pass the drug test such as apple cider vinegar or cranberry juice to your daily fluid intake. Both are good for your health in important ways that could speed up the detox process.
What Drugs Does Baking Soda Mask in a Drug Test?
You should know that baking soda won’t help your body get rid of drugs. However, your body gets more alkaline as a result. Drugs like weed are masked by the baking soda flush during drug tests. When your urine is more alkaline, your body and kidneys tend to get rid of weak acids faster.
There are other ways to consume weed and still pass a drug test for drugs in your urine. These include:
- Use of fake urine to pass a drug test
- Total abstinence from the drug use
In some cases, the result from the drug test may remain positive despite using every available form of cheating. This situation may result in the termination of an appointment or denying one a job opportunity which truly is not a nice experience. In situations like this, one can give credible excuses as to why there was an error in the drug test. Best defense for a positive drug test may include:
- It must have been something I ate.
- I ate a lot of poppy seed muffins for breakfast.
- I took some herbal supplements with some ingredients not listed.
- Can I take a retest? I attended a party yesterday and I took some hard drugs.
Reviews from Social Media
In their numerous attempts to pass the UA Drug Test, social media users have had their fair share of success with baking soda. Their evaluations can be used to evaluate the efficiency of this approach. Here are a few reviews from online sources.
- Barfall Overyou says, “I catch clients using this method pretty often. Their samples are red-flogged because baking soda makes urine more alkaline. If you’re going to a facility where they sample using dipstick amphetamine tests, this may work.”
- Refrains from Partakins says, “Yes, it will make your urine mor alkaline, which will reduce the % of amphetamine excreted during that time.
- Spamola says on Reddit, “I’ve got news for those that have ignorantly asserted it will not work. I’ve smoked all the way up to a couple of cigarettes before my test on the day of my test. Which was about the time I drank the bomb (2 tb 8 oz of water). Before a test, I drink three to four 20-ounce bottles of water. I pee 2x after drink the bomb. I use my third piss to test. “It always works.”
- “This worked for me yesterday,” says Redbuzzed. A home test showed that I was hot for weed. At 11 a.m., I mixed 1 ½ tablespoon of baking soda with Gatorade and drank it. The taste wasn’t bad at all. I had to go to the bathroom after an hour. At 1:20 p.m., I did the home test again and had a clean pee. I went to my monitoring center at 2:20 and gave them a clean UA. I pissed hot again the next morning when I did a home test. It is clear that as long as these baking sodas were in my body, none of the weed metabolites were being broken down.
If you consume marijuana from time to time, one of the greatest ways to pass the UA test is with a correctly made baking soda solution. By generating a masking effect on the alkaline medicine already present in your body, it benefits you.
However, it is only efficient and helpful if you use it appropriately and in accordance with the directions. Sodium bicarbonate overdose can have negative side effects and impede bodily functions. To ensure its effectiveness and reduce any negative effects, using baking soda to pass a urine drug test should be done under the supervision of a medical professional or another skilled health worker.